Listen to Pastor Brian's Sermons
When available, Pastor Brian's sermons are posted on our website by Thursday each week. Listen here...Annual Garage/Basement Sale
May 2-3-4, 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Come shop for some fine bargains and help our church!
Garage Sale clean up after church on Sunday, May 5th. Please stay to help if you can.Mothers Day - May 12th
Mothers, past and present, will be honored with a carnation.New Video Series: The Bible
6:30 PM - 7:30 PM on Wednesdays, starting on May 15th and lasting for 10 weeks - Fellowship Hall
We will be watching The Bible
miniseries that recently appeared on the History channel. We will watch one episode each Wednesday from 6:30-7:30 in the fellowship hall. The series will last 10 weeks. Feel free to come to one or come to all. More info about the series here
.Mission for One Earth Trail Clean Up - May 18th - 1:00 PM
We are going to be doing our little part here in Beavercreek on May 18th. We will meet at the church at 1:00 PM that Saturday and we will head over to the bike and walking trail that crosses Factory Rd. We will then walk the trail and pick up any trash we see along the way for a couple of hours. If you have any sticks to pick up trash, please bring those. The church will provide the trash bags. We will be leaving full trash bags along the trail, and Beavercreek Parks and Recreation will come by to pick them up.
Pentecost Sunday - May 19th
Show your Spirit On Sunday, May 19th as we celebrate Pentecost, the event marking the founding of the Church when the Holy Spirit came upon early Christians in a great fire. The traditional color for this holiday is red. We are asking that on that Sunday people wear red to church to celebrate the Holy Spirit. We will also be holding a carry-in dinner afterwards to celebrate the Church’s birthday. Please bring a dish to share; the church will provide a cake.
Memorial Day Observance - May 26th
On Sunday May 26th we will have our annual observance of those members, friends, and family who have passed away in the last year. We will read the names aloud and light a candle for each person who is honored. If you have any names that you want to add to our list, please give them to Pastor Brian..Kroger Card Rewards for Beaver Church - PLEASE NOTE! You must re-enroll for 2013!
Please, note that in order to participate in the Kroger Rewards Program for 2013, YOU MUST RE-ENROLL
during April. Or even if you haven’t participated in the past, April is the time to enroll. Go to the Kroger website from your email account. (www. kroger.com) Click on the heading “Community”. Once there, scroll down the left hand side of the page to Community Rewards and click. When you get to that page, you should have the opportunity to re-enroll in support of Beaver UCC. We are located in the Cincinnati region so be sure to pick a store in this area. The number which was assigned to our church in 2012 was 82299. This means dollars for our church. Last year the church received close to $1000. If you have any questions, you may contact Gail Wells at (937) 912-5319. The following is the recent letter we received from the Kroger Company:
1. As neighbors in the community, we see firsthand how the recent economic challenges have impacted local organizations. The need has never been greater. That’s why we’re dedicating $4 million to assist local charitable organizations of all sizes, through the 2013 Kroger Community Rewards Program starting May 1, 2013 to April 30, 2014.
2. As a reminder, your supporters must re-enroll their Kroger Plus Cards online during the month of April to participate in the program for 2013. Beaver UCC received a donation check from Kroger in the amount of $213.97 for the 3rd quarter period. Thank you to all that participated!!Instructions to register your Kroger Plus Card
1. Go to Krogercommunityrewards.com
(click on the Cincinnati button for Dayton)
2. Enter your zip code, click on your favorite store, enter your email address and create a password.
3. Click on “my account” and use your email address and password to proceed to the next step.
4. Click on “edit community rewards information” and input your Kroger Plus card number.
5. Update and confirm information
6. Enter the church number 82299
or the name of the church “Beaver United” and click on confirm.